1) This competition is run by Chivas Brothers Limited, a company registered in Scotland (company number SC268758) with a registered office at 111-113 Renfrew Road, Paisley, Renfrewshire, PA3 4DY (“Promoter”).
2) Your entry to the “Instagram your defining moment” competition (“Competition”) is governed by these rules of entry. By entering you accept these rules of entry and agree to abide by them.
3) No payment or purchase is necessary to enter or win. A payment or purchase will not improve your chances of winning a prize, or improve the prospects of success of any application you make for a position with the Promoter or any company within the Pernod Ricard SA group of companies.
4) You must be aged 18 years or over and a UK resident to participate in the Competition.
5) Officers, directors and employees of the Promoter, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates; individuals or entities responsible for the development and implementation of this Promotion; suppliers, distributors and retailers of alcohol-beverage products; and individuals who are employees of or members of the immediate family or household of any of the foregoing are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
6) The Competition opens on 6 October 2015. The closing date for receipt of entries is 14 December 2015 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
7) To participate in the Competition you must have, or create, an Instagram account and take the following steps:
8) Entries that are submitted as described above and which otherwise comply with these terms will be submitted to the judges and will be eligible to win one of the prizes in the list below. The winner will be selected by the judging panel according to the criteria below.
9) The judging panel will be made up of three Chivas brand ambassadors or other employees of Promoter and an independent judge. The full names of the members of the judging panel are available on request.
10) Prizes: the following prizes are available:
11) No cash alternatives to the above prizes will be given.
12) Judging criteria: Entries will be judged on creativity, quality of image, articulation of message and overall execution. The judges’ decision is final.
13) Only one entry per eligible person will be considered for the Competition. The Promoter will not accept entries that are automatically generated by a computer or completed by third parties or in bulk.
14) Winners will be announced by 22 December 2015 and will be contacted through private message on Instagram. The winning entries and the names of the prize winners may be announced on the @chivasgraduates Instagram feed and may also be announced via certain other social media channels or on the website www.chivasgraduates.com. By entering the Competition you give your consent to the Promoter publishing your Submission, name and (in the event you are selected as a winner) the fact that you are a prize winner.
15) How to redeem the prize. If you are selected as a winner you will have 60 days from the date of the announcement to claim the prize by emailing your contact details (name, address and telephone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be required to provide any other information reasonably requested by Promoter to organise for you to receive your prize. If you do not claim the prize or provide the necessary information to Promoter within 60 days of the announcement you will no longer be eligible for the prize and your claim will become invalid.
16) By submitting a picture for the Competition, the entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the picture and any descriptive wording (“Submission”) does not infringe the copyright, trade mark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Submission. Entrants must also have the consent of anyone featured in the Submission to upload it to the @chivasgraduates Instagram feed and otherwise use it for the purpose of the Competition.
17) You must not enter a Submission which:
19) You agree that the Promoter may, but is not obliged to, make your entry available on the www.chivasgraduates.com website and any other social media pages of the Promoter in connection with the Competition. By entering the Submission you grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual and irrevocable licence to use the Submission for the purposes of the Competition and post-competition publicity relating to the Competition.
20) You agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and any other information you have supplied to us (“Information”) to announce you as a winner of a prizes, in post-competition publicity referring to the Competition and otherwise for the purposes of the Competition.
21) The Promoter will only use the Information you supply to us during the course of the Competition for the purpose of operating and administering the Competition. The Promoter is the data controller in respect of the Information. Other than as set out in these terms and conditions or as may be required by law or any enactment, the Information will not be disclosed to any third party, other than members of the Pernod Ricard group or their appointed agencies as required to operate the Competition.
22) If there is any reason to believe that you have breached these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, exclude you from participating in the Competition.
23) The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
24) The Promoter confirms the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Inc.
25) Any queries relating to these terms and conditions should be sent to email@example.com.
26) These terms and conditions are governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.